Search This Blog

Friday 22 April 2016

Skye is the limit!

Well I'm in the beautiful Isle of Skye now, living in Portree and just had my first days off! Obviously there was only one thing to do and that was to go fishing... The sun has been out but unfortunately I was faced with stiff northerly/northeasterly winds that put the areas I wanted to fish most out of bounds. These were the northern peninsulas where with the good depth I would expect to find most of the active fish. Thus I had a short session in Staffin before changing plans and driving down South. I fished near Elgol and managed to pick up a couple fish. I was cut off by a much better one but things can only get better and I'm sure I'll get plenty of chances at the big ones.


Skinny coalie from the froth...

A decent fish in good condition.
It feels a bit early yet but some fish are here and I'm sure a change in wind direction to the southwest and a rise in temperature will get things fired up!

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. Good work, you're going to be busy on your days off for the foreseeable!

    ReplyDelete