Search This Blog

Thursday 5 June 2014

And another new travel rod!

Ive recently received the second travel rod that I bought mainly for LRF and UL spinning. The rod is the Spro Mobile Stick 80 UL, 2.40, 0.6-8g and I thought it would suit well my needs for travelling LRF as it's length and casting weight seem perfect for the technique. The rod as I discovered has a parabolic action without being floppy though. I took it on a session at my go-to pollock mark and used a variety of lures, mainly focusing on blade baits as I wanted to see if the rod would work them well and how easily I could pick the vibrations, in order to judge the sensitivity of the rod. Well even though its a parabolic rod, its a far cry from the usual cheap American trout sticks that you can almost tie a knot with! It worked the lures well and the fun started when I managed to get a couple pollock on it, as it was a pure joy fighting them on it! I got a video and hope you enjoy it although towards the end the lens got a bit foggy because of the heat and the biggest fish cant be seen very well!
Tight lines!

5 comments:

  1. An excellent result for the first session with a new rod. Well done.

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David! I take it as a good sign for things to come from this rod...

      Delete
  2. Great video and quite convincing to buy the rod. I will probably go for the short version 210 m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a kovely piece of kit and the best value rod ive ever bought. Im sure the shorter version will be just as good and even more manageable in canals, small rivers etc.
      All the best

      Delete
    2. Its a kovely piece of kit and the best value rod ive ever bought. Im sure the shorter version will be just as good and even more manageable in canals, small rivers etc.
      All the best

      Delete