Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 November 2017

An interesting November session...

We have finally had some settled weather and I was able to go out fishing! The temperatures are way lower than this time last year but it has been relatively dry and calm the past week and that's all I was needing.
I opted for a late morning session on Neist and was taking my LSJ and MH setups with me as I was intending to use the heavier  (light shore jigging) setup with baited bucktails...
I hit the water a couple hours before low water and fished softplastics on 18g-22g cheburashkas.
It didn't take long to feel the bites and I started getting some decent fish. They weren't as concentrated as usual but they kept coming at a steady rate.
In amongst the pollock I got a lovely ballan as well. November sees quite a few ballans caught for me here and I reckon theyre feeding up before moving deeper for winter.
Love them...

As the bites were drying up I decided to move to a spot on the left side of the lighthouse. Once there I was surprised to see lots of coalies smashing fry on the surface along with birds working the area.
I decided to add a sabiki teaser to my rig so as to catch some coalies for dinner and bait.
There were loads of them and I had 'double headers' almost every cast, though I wished I had my LRF gear and mini-topwaters with me...
I baited a 1oz bucktail with a strip of coalie but as we had big tides that week, I got snagged a few times and gave up.
Decided to use some Salty Baits and Hayabusa Kicktails and I was back on the fish...
Surprisingly, I was getting them from way out over clean ground and after one spitting out its dinner, I realised why. They were feeding among the herring and that explains why they weren't as concentrated at the usual spots..
Not huge but fighting well...

A warrior..

Spat this.. A herring!

After a few more fish, I decided to call it a day and was gonna return the next day with the LRF gear at hand...
below a video from the day.


Something negative about this trip was the amount of garbage (empty beer cans especially) I found on the mark... This is just frustrating and infuriating beyond words...

Disgusting...
Anyway, will be writing another post soon about the LRF session of the following day...

Tight lines!

Gear used.
Rod: APIA Foojin'R Best Bower 96 ML, MajorCraft Solpara SPS-1002LSJ, 3.05m. max 50g
Reel: Shimano Stradic FK C3000, Shimano SW Biomaster 4000XG
Mainline: Duel Hardcore X8 PE 1.2, Duel X wire X8 PE1.5
Leader: Daiwa Tournament FC fluorocarbon 20lbs and 25lbs
Lures: various





No comments:

Post a Comment