Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Back on track yet again!

I think this summer somebody cursed me not to have a car! Last weekend saw me head down to Glasgow determined to buy another car (3 cars so far  this summer and counting!). I closed the deal in less than 30 mins and was back on the road, now a proud owner of a Vauxhall Vectra.. On the drive up from Glasgow and although the weather was rainy I thought it would be a good idea to stop at my Loch Fyne mark for a few casts, as I had packed my tiny Spro mobile stick travel rod with me...
I reached the mark to find it devoid of other fishermen and campers (a very rare occurrence) and I took this as a good sign..
I paired the rod with a newly bought, used Shimanno Exage 1000fd and started casting paralel to the rocks and working the lure (2" tube with 2g jighead) OTD. On the first casts I got hit soon after started hoping the bottom and It was a solid fish! This rod really makes for enjoyable fishing as its semi parabolic and was now really bent on the fish, that was making some good runs.. Slowly I managed to bring it to the surface and I saw it was a nice plumb wrasse and my biggest one so far in Scotland!
White tubes are good..

A beautiful ballan!
I caught some smaller pollock after that and a few mackerel but nothing big.. I did see a pod of porpoises working their way around the salmon cages.. The salmon were jumping like mad!
Since that session I have only done another one on the burn near my village for trout and another one in Loch Etive trying some different marks that convinced me that there's no need for going too far in search of good fishing marks as there's plenty of them I havent tried in there..





Nothing major caught but a nice variety although I didn't take many pics since I was just happy getting back to fishing again.. I'm going to try for salmon this month and really hope to get at least one even not as big as the one I lost back in the start of the season..

Tight lines!

Gear used
Rod: Spro Mobile stick 80 UL
Reel: Shimano Exage 1000 fd
Mainline: Spiderwire invisibraid, 0.10mm
Rig: metal jigs, jighead, microjig
lure: Ecogear grass minnow s, jackall peke peke, Agm 2" tube

2 comments:

  1. It's nice that you are into the groove of things again. Congratulations on having purchased a new car! Those mishaps shouldn't stop you from getting into those treks and enjoying some bit of fishing, in my opinion. All the best to you!

    Felicia Simmons @ Brandon Auto Repair

    ReplyDelete