Search This Blog

Monday 21 June 2021

Firing up nicely!

 With the settled weather of late the water is now over 10C and the action is picking up fast! I have been fairly busy with guiding the past couple of weeks and the results have been very satisfying. Moreover I havent needed to travel far as Staffin Bay has been the most productive area and right at my doorstep...

Most fish have fallen to natural coloured soft plastics and a couple have opted for the topwater as well!







Bandage!

Nice coalie.

Chunk...




More of this please! 




It's great seeing old and new faces coming over and I'm hoping this hot action continues, hopefully with some Summer species added to the mix.

Had another outing for Seatrout on the kayak but the area seemed devoid of them. Not sure if the green waters from the bloom played some part to this. I could see lots of sandeel but nothing preying on them...

Also a quick freshwater session in less than favorable conditions saw me catching a couple trout. I've yet to find the time for a proper fw kayak session but I'm sure I'll get round to it soon.



As I mentioned in the previous post, I got a new fishfinder but also a new transducer from Aliexpress for my old unit. It turns out that the cheapo transducer works fine and I just need to devise a better mount for it on the kayak.

Anyway plenty more fishing to be done!

Tight lines 

3 comments:

  1. Hello luremaniac, I am spending around ten days in the dunvegan region from Thursday onwards, and was wondering whether you would be able to take me out a few times while I am there. How do I arrange this? Best wishes Dino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really sorry for not seeing this earlier. Hope youve had a good one. my email is dimitrioschariskos@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hi luremania, I will be in the dunvegan area for ten days from this Thursday (22nd July 2021). Could you take me out? How do I arrange this with you? Dino

    ReplyDelete