Search This Blog

Monday 19 September 2016

Serious fishing time...

Well fishing has been fantastic the past couple weeks and even though the weather does its best to ruin it, the pollock keep coming!
First, I tried a new mark that has been unexpectedly productive, then had an LRF sesion on the local mark were I was busted by some better fish before (only this time I caught the culprit!) and to finish my days off I had a session on Neist Point. The conditions were rough on the latter with big tides and swell coming in, but after fishing slightly deeper and closer to the bottom, I located the fish and had a blast!
Some pics and videos below.
Normal stamp of fish..

First couple casts on the new mark...

Gotcha!


On a 6" Hogy - 20g darting jighead

They are in superb condition and fight the hardest now!




Hopefully the weather stabilises a bit so that I can go for some light tackle sessions and also have another go at Rubh na dunain for the big mamas there!

Tight Lines.

Gear used.
Rod: MajorCraft Solpara SPS-1002LSJ, 3.05m. max 50g. Majorcraft Crostage CRK-T782AJI
Reel: Shimano SW Biomaster 4000XG. Shimano Stradic 1000fc
Mainline: YGK G-Soul Super Jigman PE1.2. Unitka Night Game PE0.3
Leader: Duel Hardcore Powerleader fluorocarbon 20lbs. YGK Nitlon DFC fluorocarbon 12lbs.
Lures: Various




No comments:

Post a Comment