Search This Blog

Thursday 6 October 2016

Good weather finally!

Well it seems like we finally got a respite from the crappy weather this season and finally got some sunshine... Ive done a few forays and decided to use the finesse gear to make things more interesting. I have finally sourced a tip part for my beloved KGS 832ST and after using it a few times now, I realise why I like it so much! Managed a nice wrasse the other day on a short lunch-break session and also yesterday on a dedicated finesse session over deep rocky reef. Needless to say that the pollock and the cuckoo wrasse obliged... Some pics and videos below.

A beaut!

And another beaut!







Of course the heavy gear saw some use as well, especially over the kelp forests as I dont know for how much longer the fish will stage on them before the weather turns colder...
For a while I have been interested in some Ocean Ruler Artemis Crazyg wave Deep (what a name!) offset hook jigheads that I though might help me in providing a slug/sandeel presentation that has a slight wobble, is weedless and rises fast over the kelp on the retrieve. I used to achieve a similar presentation with the saltybaits/senko combo but there are times that I thought something subtler may be more productive. Thus I got some of the said jigheads in 20g and 30g and I have to say they worked pretty well. The only issues would be the sometimes missed takes (a softbait-designed rod shoud've been more appropriate) and the susequent dislodging of the lure down the hook (some superglue will see to that).

A very effective presentation in the kelp...


They like it!





Hope this weather lasts for a bit as Im planning to hit Rubh na dunain again soon for a chance of a big girl..

Tight Lines!

Gear used.
Rod: MajorCraft Solpara SPS-1002LSJ, 3.05m. max 50g, MC KGEvolution KGS832ST

Reel: Shimano SW Biomaster 4000XG, Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500f
Mainline: YGK G-Soul Super Jigman PE1.2, Duel Hardcore x4 PE0.8
Leader: Duel Hardcore Powerleader fluorocarbon 20lbs and 12lbs.
Lures: Various


No comments:

Post a Comment