Search This Blog

Friday 12 October 2018

Pish weather but chunky fish!

Since coming back from Norway, the weather has been utter crap!
I have been gagging to get the SIB out but every time its been too rough... And that's such a pity since we're now in the golden time for fishing as most species feed well for the oncoming winter. The harbours are exploding with life and some recent LRF sessions (for my fish tank) have seen me catch more codling, coalies and whiting than I can remember! The few sessions from the rocks have been very good too. In particular, a guided session the other day provided me and my client John with some chunky fish even though conditions were against us.
The more exposed marks we tried were overblown (yet we did get fish there too) and in the end, we had to find more sheltered areas. The fish were active but a bit particular, biting very lightly on the soft plastics and it took John some getting used to, in order to connect with them. Most fish were around 45-50cm with one fatty over 60cm.
Not the most enjoyable session in terms of weather, but we came prepared with waterproofs and in the end enjoyed some good action.

Worth that fish...

Average stamp..



Fatty time!

Right now there's another storm raging outside but I'll hopefully manage a short boat session when it dies down. Moreover I'll try and get a vid of an LRF session as its just unreal how many fish are about!

Tight Lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment