Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2019

Some great boat and shore sessions!

The weather has been surprisingly tame lately and this has allowed me to visit some good marks on my latest guiding trips.
On the rocks, the shallower marks have been more productive and the mackerel have started to make their presence known. Great numbers of 50-65cm fish in a variety of lures with the odd 70cm+ showing up. They're in perfect condition though and well fed. The topwater game hasn't really materialised in the last few sessions as it was just too sunny and the tides were wrong but we did get some of those water-breaking hits with a couple fish hooked. The metals have gotten good results from the deeper spots but finesse with sp's is still king.
The boat fishing has markedly improved with 3kg+ fish showing in every outing now! Moreover in my last session with a serious Russian angler, we experienced a mental early morning topwater bite! Fish of over 2kg were crashing on the topwater and we caught a 2kg and a 2.7kg! It was mesmerising seeing 4 consecutive lunkers jump after the lure one after another! I definitely need a camera with a good zoom...
Hope this trend continues but first, Ive got some pike fishing in the Bonnie Loch coming up!

SIB fishing getting much better!

Bar of copper!


Hello my friend!


Two at a time from the shallows!

Happy lads!

Double hook up again!

A few nicer ones too..

Dark kelpie...


Serious fish for serious angler...


Awesome fish on the topwater.

Even bigger one!


I have some ideas for offering something a bit different on my guiding trips and hopefully Ill have more to tell soon.
I'm surprised that my gear seems to be going strong still, even after such heavy use and limited maintenance... Saying that, I had to buy a new tip section for my light shore jigging MC Solpara as the old one got too soft (!). Not 100% sure about the technicalities but I think the resins in the blank tend to disintegrate after a while and with heavy use, giving the rod a softer action...
Nevertheless, now its time for more fishing! Ill do a serious maintenance check in the end of Summer...

Tight Lines





























No comments:

Post a Comment