Search This Blog

Saturday 4 January 2020

And just like that, its 2020!

Well, 2019 is behind us now and what a year it was! Quite possibly my most successful year fishing wise. Variety, numbers and sizes were pretty good and I'm hoping 2020 will be similar.
Even though it has been such a great year, the weather, especially towards the end of it, was anything but. The constant wind and rain have kept me indoors but nevertheless, I did manage a couple quick sessions before the year was out.
Conditions were far from ideal but what surprised me was the willingness of the fish to hit topwaters! I've had big shoals of chunky coalies but also pollock hunt high in the water column and just freely come up for a swipe on the surface. Something that has made me very happy although again, I just didn't have even remotely good conditions for an outing. What is more surprising is that they're willing to hunt so actively in plummeting water temperatures (8.6-9C now). I do hope to get out soon and catch a topwater pollock in January as I've never managed that!
Below some pics and videos of the last sessions of 2019.

Wee boat doing alright.

They're in great condition just now!

Coalies too!

Tons of them OTT

A wee surface hitter


Some of the coalfish were quality..


They love the Autowalker!

And the Videos



I have been very pleased with my new wee SIB (Honwave T32) that I've paired with my old 2stroke and for quick outings closeby, it's all that's needed and much easier to assemble/handle than the bigger one. Although the bigger boat is much more fun and I do prefer the solid floor when fishing.
Anyway onwards and upwards for 2020 with many more fish to come!

Tight Lines and Happy New Year!




























No comments:

Post a Comment