Search This Blog

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Unbelievable!

Went at the loch again today and was gonna fish lrf for a while then later switching to targeting pollock on the heavier gear. Not much was happening with the lrf so after a bit, I got my Major Craft kg evolution and put on a savagear sandeel mounted on an articulated jig head. I started by letting the lure touch bottom and then bounce it back towards me. After a few casts I neared the spot were I caught last week's pollock and slowed down my retrieve, I got a bite and weight on but not really pollock-like runs.. As I got the fish to the surface I realised it was a nice codling of about a pound and was really surprised that it took the large lure.. I held it for a photo but on a closer inspection I saw something else in its mouth as well... It was actually my little jig head and Tict lure that I lost in the weekend! What a voracious feeder and of course I would prefer to have caught it on my lrf gear...
After getting both my lures back I let the fish go and continued my fishing. Not much was happening until I caught a small pollock and then headed home.
A beautiful day.


The glutton!


Thats where it was!


Also went on a short exploratory session yesterday night on the Port Appin pier,  I was pleasantly surprised catching some feisty coalfish and a poor cod.. Finally some fish caught near the surface and not bouncing the bottom (except the poor cod)! Sorry for the bad pics but it was wet.

A lone poor cod.





A very cool little predator!
They were holding near the lights in shallow water and attacking tiny paddletails and slims. Caught some until the action dried up when an otter or something came in the swim! Hope to have some better fishing tomorrow.

Tight lines

Gear used.
Rod: Major Craft KG Evolution KGS-832ST 2.53m, 3-15g . Awa Shima Qlite spin, 1-5g, 2.40m
Reel:Shimano Stradic ci4 2500f. Mitchell Mag Pro1000
Mainline: Spiderwire fluorobraid 10lbs,  Sunline Siglon Fluorocarbon, 4lbs
Rig: mini carolina, jighead, mini texas 
lure: Savagear sandeel mounted on 10gr delalande articulated jighead, slim lures and paddletails.


No comments:

Post a Comment