Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Another one bites the dust...

I visited again today the yesterday's mark as we had some sunshine in the morning and it was nearing high tide. Expecting similar results, I stuck with the same setup and presentation with the only changes being a heavier weight at 7gr and a 3" Keitech Swing Impact at the business end. The reasons being that the current was a bit stronger today and the fish teared up the Reins Curly curly badly yesterday..
After a while without any bites I persisted and after some lure changes reverted back to the Swing Impact. The weather was cloudy at times but finally it opened up and soon I felt a sharp tap on my line. I thought it was the weight banging on the rocks but just to be sure, I twitched the rod and tightened the line, same tap and now I was getting suspicious.. I let the lure static and after a small twitch I felt a proper bite and weight. Fish on!
A good fight ensued and ended with me slipping the net under a nice wrasse. I got the fish on a shallow rockpool lined with seaweed and after a couple photos released her..


I continued fishing after that and I had again the same taps but the fish only bit the tail of the lure
off without hooking. I put on a new lure and had some tentative bites but by now the sun was gone and the fish seemed less willing to commit. Thus I called it a day and went back to the warmth of my house!
Today the fish were harder to catch and showed the taping behaviour that's been noted by other anglers over the Internet, I think the sun really gets them in an aggressive mood and today the lack of it at times seemed to have affected them.
I cant complain though as I managed to winkle one out!

Tight lines!

Gear used:
Rod: Shimano Exage BX STC Mini Tele Spin, 3-14g 2.40m
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000
Mainline: Spiderwire ultracast invisibraid, 0.10mm
Rig: carolina, 7g bullet,6mm orange bead, 35cm Trilene  Fluorocarbon, 15lbs
lure: Keitech Swing Impact, baby ayu, 3"

No comments:

Post a Comment