Search This Blog

Thursday 9 January 2014

First fish of 2014.

Happy New Year to all and hopefully it will be a good one fishing-wise..
A couple days ago on my day off I ventured on my first fishing trip for 2014. I visited the Lancaster canal on its middle reaches hoping to get some perch and pike. The weather has been horrible with constant rain but I was optimistic. The canal was pretty murky and the water high after all that rain and it kept raining at times throughout the session.  I started with the usual soft plastics but after working my way for more than a mile without a touch, I switched to a silver-white spinnerbait thinking that the vibration and flash might help the fish find the lure in the murky water. After some more casts I reached a spot that has previously given me fish.
I made a good cast and retrieved slowly above the bottom, bringing it to my feet I saw a silhouette dart and hit the lure with force! The fish was only a jack and after a short tussle I landed it.
Small but aggressive!


After this fish I persevered but got no more bites and decided to go home. I got my adrenaline hit with the savage take and also my first fish of the year so that's me happy!
Can't wait for the weather to settle a bit and go back again. ..

Thanks for reading and best wishes for a fruitful fishing year!

Dimitrios

No comments:

Post a Comment