Search This Blog

Monday 7 July 2014

Jungle trouting..

After returning from my Islay trip I didn't have whole days off so other than a couple short sessions I didn't do much.. It has also rained a lot and I was skeptical in doing long trips, thus I decided to focus closer at home. There are a couple burns within a few minute's drive from home that I knew they hold trout as I saw them on my long trek last time I went trout fishing. Today on my break I though it was a good opportunity to check out the one closer to me. I put on the waders and after some scrambling above fences and bushes, reached the little burn. It was carrying a lot of water from the recent rains but no colour so I was optimistic. I started casting my #0 spinner about and sure enough the little brownies were hitting it hard! I walked up the stream for about half a mile and must have caught over 20 of them.. They were small as its only a small burn but I got a few better ones from the deeper swims. Still though, their sheer aggression, acrobatic fights and stunning looks made my day! I also noticed that most of them were looking chunky and that there were no salmon parr on this stream..
Precision casting needed!


nice swim..


Stunning.

Typical holding spot under bridges..




Surprising how many fish come from a good spot..









I also found some trout in a little stream flowing through a town which make for very different scenery! Overall it seems that they are everywhere up here...
Urban trout.. Need to look into it..
This week Im planning to visit Loch Fyne again but this time with the action camera and hopefully il get some nice footage. Ive also checked out a small loch that holds pike and perch and it looks promising..

Tight lines!

Gear used.
Rod: Daiwa Procyon, 6'.6", 1/32-1/8oz
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro1000
Mainline: Sunline Siglon fluorocarbon, 3lbs
Rig: spinners


lure: Lukris and Jaxon #0 spinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment