Search This Blog

Sunday 20 July 2014

More Loch Fyne action!

On my days off I managed to do two good sessions. On Friday the weather was nice and me and my friend John decided to head down to Loch Fyne, at my favourite mark for species variety. He is interested in LRF and I thought it would be the right place to have some good action! On arrival, there was a strong wind and the resident seal was swimming around but I was not deterred as this mark never fails to provide something.. I rigged the Solpara for my friend, first with a small metal jig (Jackall mame jig) as he wanted to target mackerel and later with a 3g cheburashka and a Jackall peke peke. I used my Crostage with a heavier cheburashka and an Ecogear grass minnow S.
We started casting from the left point of the harbour as the wind was behind us and helped getting distance on the cast. Moreover the current was strong and I was expecting predators hiding or patrolling around the point to intercept food coming with the current.
 John was into the first mackerel pretty quickly followed by plenty of small pollock. Things were slower for me in the bottom but as I was retrieving the lure I got hit hard close in and the fish started taking drag. It hit among the boulders and at first I thought it was a good wrasse, but after a while a nice pollock of around 2kg surfaced! I got some of the fight on video and here it is.
For the rest of the session we caught a good variety of fish with John getting the only ballan wrasse of the day. We managed a good few mackerel that are always superb on light gear along with a couple more decent pollock among the little ones. Codling, poor cod, a lonely coalie and some goldsinney wrasse were also caught and it just shows that this mark is a species hotspot! I made another video with some of the other fish caught along the day. We left with smiling faces and a bag of mackerel for dinner..
Some pics.




The only ballan of the day..

Stunning colour1

John with a nice red codling!

Aggressive goldsinneys!



Tight lines!

Gear used.
Rod:  Majorcraft CRK-T782AJI, Majorcraft Solpara  SPS-S792M
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000, Mitchell Mag Pro lite 1000
Mainline: Sunline Siglon fluorocarbon, 3lbs and 4lbs
Rig: cheburashka, hard lures
lure: Ecogear Shirasu worm, Tict brilliant, Ecogear grassminnow S, Ernest Mago Ika sama jig, jackal Mame jig.




3 comments:

  1. Hi. Whereabouts in loch fyne do you fish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ηey pal, thought it was easy to tell by the pics... Its on Furnace.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete