Search This Blog

Sunday 14 September 2014

Early morning surprise!

Today I was starting work at 12:00 and so I decided to visit my mark in Loch Linnhe for an early morning session.
At the mark, I started with my go-to presentation these days, the Duel Salty bait rigged with a slim soft plastic. Today I chose a Keitech sexy Impact instead of the usual Gulp as I'm running low on them and also I wanted to see if there would be a significant difference.
I started casting around and working the jig near the bottom at the beginning of the retrieve while ending with a steady wind close in. I got a small pollock and some bites from smaller fish.
I then made a cast parallel to the rocks and let the lure sink in a semi-controlled line. After touching bottom, I gave it a twitch and felt a take. I struck and I had a fish on! It fought unusually, with rapid head-shakes and on bringing it up I saw it was a small ling! My second one from this mark and curiously, took the lure shortly after touching bottom as the previous one...
After the ling, I continued fishing but it was high tide and things slowed down. I decided to move to the rocky point on the other side and try for the pollock there.
On the point and first cast I lose my lure! Moreover, I had forgotten most of my jigheads and jigs in the car and as the time was running I decided to fish with what I had in my bag...
 I found a 10cm Savagear slug on a 10g jighead and started casting and working the lure back. I got a few pollock and a codling but nothing spectacular before wrapping up.
A true predator!


The usual suspects..




Obviously, some more Salty Baits and lures are on their long journey from Japan now and cant wait to get my hands on them! Until then I'll be using the usual stuff...

Tight Lines!

Gear used.
Rod: Majorcraft KG Evolution,KGS-832ST 2.53m, 3-15g
Reel: Shimano Stradic ci4 2500f
Mainline: Daiwa Tournament 8 Accudepth braid 10lbs
leader: YGK Nitlon DFC fluorocarbon, 8lbs.
lures: Duel Salty Bait 10g with Keitech Sexy Impact trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment