Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Four days of fishing! Part two.

After returning back on home ground, I wanted to pay a visit at Loch Fyne hoping for some big pollock that I didn't find up north... I reached the  mark at midday and it was around high tide. Not the best of tide states for this mark as its usually much better from low onwards.
Undettered I started casting small shads near the point and after a few casts got the first pollock. I thought many more would follow but it didn't happen. I had my favourite mark to myself but the fish weren't responding so I persisted even more, I finally got a solid take and the fish appeared to be decent but unfortunately it got wrapped around a fish farm chain on the way in! I managed a couple more small pollock after that but despite my hardest efforts the fish weren't playing ball. I decided to call it a day and drive back home. On the  way back, I passed Loch Awe and thought it a good idea to have a few casts with the dropshot as there was still light about. The bulrush were dying and the water level was much lower now but the fish were active and hunting. I saw a nice pike attack fry on the surface but only managed two jacks and no perch.. This was intriguing and I think I have to devote a whole day for the freshwater soon as the perch should be shoaling up now...
Been a while!

Little fella.

The next day I wasn't in the mood for driving far and went instead on my bunker-mark in Loch Linnhe. I fished on the medium rock fishing gear using heavy cheburashkas (12g) and offset hooks along with jigheads rigged with Grass Minnows and Lunker City Swimfish shads. I had a very good time catching many codling as they are now tightly shoaled and very aggressive along with a few decent pollock. The codling would typically give a couple false bites before committing and couldn't resist the lure bumping bottom. A nice and comfy session to finish my fishing marathon!

Nice colour variation on the codling.

As in Wick they were tightly shoaled and feeding hard.



Decent pollock








They love Grass Minnows bumped along the bottom.

A perfect hook-set!




On my next day's off I think a freshwater foray is in order before the perch move in the deep and also I'll try to target the codling on the LRF gear for even more fun! Its so surprising that no bigger codling have been found among the little ones.. I guess I'll blame the netting for that..

Thanks for reading!

Gear used.
Rod: Various
Reel: Various
Mainline: Various
Rig: cheburashka, jighead, dropshot
lure: Grass minnows, Lunker city Swimfish, Lunker City Ribsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment