Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

Who needs hooks?!

Didn't do much fishing on my days off last week. as my brother visited me, but managed to get an hour or two after high tide late on Friday. Fished one of my favourite deeper marks but it was very slow and also there were creels close in not allowing for proper fishing of the area. On the way back I fished the shallows as I knew there would be fish staging at the kelp and points in the ebbing tide...
 I got a good fish first cast on the good old Savage gear sandeel and a few more decent ones followed. I alternated between sp's, hardbaits and metals and got another nice fish on a 20g metal this time that was caught in the manner you see on the photo...
Such a glutton!

No need for the assist hook!

Its the second time I catch a pollock like that! After this fish the rain started again and I headed home.

The best fish of the session..
It seems like we will be getting some good weather this week and I'm planning to make the most of it! Moreover I'm waiting for new video editing software and will start posting some videos again soon...

Tight Lines!

 Gear used.
Rod: MajorCraft Solpara SPS-1002LSJ, 3.05m. max 50g
Reel: Shimano SW Biomaster 4000XG
Mainline: YGK G-Soul X3 PE1.5
Leader: Duel Hardcore Powerleader fluorocarbon 20lbs.
Lures: Various (mainly thin profiled)

No comments:

Post a Comment