Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 July 2013

Goby bashing!

I finally had my day off today and couldn't wait to do some serious wrasse fishing. Unfortunately when I woke up I was greeted with bad weather and strong winds. Not getting disheartened, I picked up the gear and headed to my marks at the North part of the island. I was mainly targeting wrasse and hopefully bass/pollock, thus I had two setups with me to cover all situations.
Arriving at the mark, the wind was even stronger, but I started fishing with the heavy gear. After two hours with only one wrasse caught, I decided to move to another place and target wrasse specifically on the medium rockfishing setup. At that mark, there are many rockpools with one of them man made and quite big, that I have always wanted to fish with the UL gear but never got the chance.
Taking a minute to think, I changed my mind and decided to play around in the rockpools before I start my wrasse fishing, as the wind was really annoying me...
Putting on a #12 Owner Split Shotter hook followed by an SSG shot and some Marukyu power isome I started fishing around some large rocks in the pool. Immediately I saw some movement and three nice gobies attacking the isome! The action was non stop and keeping me very entertained.. These gobies are truly aggressive little predators and if they could get a bit bigger,  would be a nice target as they are very active and thrash violently when caught..














After all the fun with the gobies I did some wrasse fishing but after catching a few nice fish, I had to go as the wind was relentless and I couldn't control the lure anymore.




Thanks for reading and tight lines!

Gear used.
Rod: Major Craft KG Evolution KGS-832ST 2.53m, 3-15g.
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000,
Mainline: Spiderwire Fluorocarbon 4lbs
lures: Marukyu Power Isome and Ecogear shirasu worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment