Search This Blog

Friday 9 August 2013

Catch report.

Due to various distractions and lack of time this week, I still haven't put a serious wrasse session through. I have kept myself entertained with rockpooling and the very productive night fishing that is getting a bit predictable though!
A very early session at a mark nearby saw me getting a couple of bass follows but unfortunately no takers and got me thinking to repeat this, but alas work is getting in the way again..
Below are some recent photos of my results.
Blennies are true predators!

Ive found the big ones!





I have found some nice large rockpools in the south of the Island where gobies get to big sizes and the fishing is very entertaining as you can sight-fish for them.. I have even managed to get some wrasse from these rockpools! Of course the Power Isome is the go-to lure in these situations.











Mackerel at night!




In the night, the scad have been prolific and I have started experimenting more with hardbaits to make things more interesting. The can be surprisingly picky and at times will only hit one type over the others. More often than not this lure was the Ecogear SX 40 LC that has been very effective when the fish feed near the surface but not topwater. So far it has caught me the most fish as well as the most species with scad pollock and even mackerel attacking it at night! Mind you the harbour is lighted.. Another successful hardbait is the sinking Gaga Goon 55ss MR by Pontoon 21 that can be effective when the fish get a little deeper as you can countdown it.
I have attempted to fish hard on the bottom with the Power Isome, in order to get something different but it is really difficult to avoid the scad as they are hunting in all depths!

 Gear used.
Rods: Golden Mean Symphonia, 8,6", 0.6-8g
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000,
Mainline: Toray Bottom Attacker fluorocarbon, 3lbs
lures: Marukyu Power Isome, Ecogear paramax 2", Mebaru Bushi long 3", Berkley Gulp Fish fry 2",
Lunker City hydroTail worms 4", Ecogear SX 40 LC, Pontoon 21 Gaga Goon 55SS MR.




No comments:

Post a Comment