Search This Blog

Friday 31 May 2013

A lot of effort for a few fish..

Lately the weather has been unstable and in combination with swells hitting the west coast of the island, means that my best wrasse marks were unfishable.. I noticed though that even on unaffected areas by the swells and northerly winds, fish just didn't want to play ball.
So after a couple marathon sessions and changing many marks, I managed to catch mainly small wrasse with only a few exceptions. I also wanted to try some new soft baits and was hoping to catch a big fish to test my new rod but unfortunately things don't always go as planned..
At least I was able to enjoy catching the smaller fish that did provide me the feedback on the lures and presentations I was using (slower days are better for trying lures in my opinion).
Most of the fish were caught on carolina or texas rigged 4'' Lunker City Ribsters, 6'' Big Bite Curl Tail Worms and the biggest wrasse was caught on an 4.5'' Owner Shivertail Worm. I also managed to catch a nice pollock as the conditions are better suited to them right now.

The biggest wrasse.









I'm still getting used to the extra fast action of my Major Craft KG Evolution and really loving the
feedback I'm getting on the retrieve, as even tiny bumps or changes in weight (weed etc) are felt easily. Only need some serious fish to test its power now! More over I have heard reports of some schoolie bass attacking poppers lately and hopefully they will be here in numbers soon.

Thanks for reading!


Gear used.
Rod: Major Craft KG Evolution KGS-832ST 2.53m, 3-15g
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000
Mainline: Spiderwire invisibraid 0.10mm, Trilene fluorocarbon 10lbs
Rig: mainly Carolina and Texas with a 7g bullet weight and Matzuo offset hooks sizes 1-3/0
Lure: 4.5'' Lunker City Ribster, 6'' Big Bite Curl Tail worm, 4.5'' Owner Shivertail.

No comments:

Post a Comment