Search This Blog

Saturday 25 May 2013

New rod quick test!

A couple days ago I finally received the substitution of my broken Exage mini tele travel spin.
The new rod is a Major Craft KG Evolution KGS-832ST (2.53m 3-15g) and I couldn't wait to try it out! Finally I got my chance today and on my break I headed straight away for my favourite wrasse-mark.
The rod is solid tipped so I can also use it for my main rod in winter on the dropshot.
It is extra fast actioned and gives the impression of strength with a very small weight though.
On the session, the rod gave me a unexpectedly good feedback on the retrieve (as on solid tip rods the tip 'sucks' most of the feedback and you 'see' rather than 'feel' the bites ) and due to this sensitivity along with the action I missed some takes as I was striking too fast... Getting the hang of this though I did manage to land a few towards the end of the session.. Moreover the fights seemed even more pronounced as I was using braid and they gave me the impression that the harder you fight these fish, the harder they pull back!




A very pleasant short session with the rod performing well, even though it took me a while to get used to its sensitivity and seems very promising..

More to come!


Gear used.
Rod: Major Craft KG Evolution KGS-832ST 2.53m, 3-15g
Reel: Mitchell Mag Pro 1000
Mainline: Spiderwire invisibraid 0.10mm, Trilene fluorocarbon 10lbs
Rig: mainly texas with a 7g bullet weight and size 2 wide gape Camo hook.
Lure: Big Bite Shaking squirrel 4.5''

 

No comments:

Post a Comment